Hi there, I have a clean and simple mixed media card for you today using distress inks and stencils. I have embellished with a little bit of champagne sparkle medium and added a sentiment stamped onto vellum.
The key creating this background is building up the layers gradually with different colours of ink and sponge applicators.
1. Take a piece of white cardstock, and colour tint very lightly with twisted citron distress ink with blending sponge.
2. Lay down the diamond stencil, and sponge through with mustard seed (yellow) a small section of the pattern onto opposite corners.
3. Without moving the stencil, highlight one edge of yellow diamond with iced spruce ink, this will add dimension. Remember to add the ink very gently and build up the colour slowly, until you are happy with intensity.
4. Randomly apply cracked pistachio ink very very lightly over the whole of the card, going heavier in small sections around the edge.
5. Take the iced spruce ink pad direct to edge of the paper and lightly drag down the page. This will highlight the edges.
6. Take a piece of spare card, ink the very edge (with iced spruce) and stamp the straight edge, creating criss-cross detail as shown.
7. Use cracked pistachio & iced spruce through a section of the leaf swirl stencil, to create a focal detail, to the right of the card. Embellish the leaves with a fine detail liner pen.
8. Use Versafine ink to stamp a sentiment onto vellum. Wrap a section of the vellum to the reverse and adhere.
9. Spread sparkle medium through the diamond stencil onto card stock tinted with cracked pistachio ink. Allow to dry, then rip and tear a section to layer and adhere over the vellum on card front. This will prevent the need to apply glue to vellum directly.
10. Use the small pattern detail stamps from the birthday verse set to accent.
11. Mount onto a card blank and wrap a coordinating length of twine or ribbon with a hand tied bow.
Thank you for visiting today, if you have been inspired to create your own version of this project please share with us.
I will be making a YouTube tutorial so that you can watch these techniques in action, please come back on Friday for a new project with the same techniques.
See you again soon,
Twisted Citron/ Cracked Pistachio/ Mustard Seed/ Iced Spruce
Champagne Sparkle Medium - http://www.imaginedesigncreate.co.uk/shoponline/prod_5474365-Sparkle-Medium.html
doCrafts Creativity A5 Clear Stamps, Birthday Verses - http://www.imaginedesigncreate.co.uk/shoponline/prod_4351537-A5-Clear-Stamp-Set-39pcs-Birthday-Verses.html
Imagination Craft Stencils, Diamond Background/ Leaf Swirl - http://www.imaginedesigncreate.co.uk/shoponline/cat_1316045-Imagination-Craft-Stencils-cc-pg_3.html