Hello crafty people!
Well this is not only my first ever guest DT blog post for Imagine Design Create but my first blog post ever so really hope you enjoy the card I’ve created for you. Summer is just coming to an end so of course it’s time to start thinking about Christmas!
You will need:
Versafine Onyx Black Ink Pad
7x7 Card Blank
Small piece of card
3D foam tape
Glue (I use cosmic Shimmer)
I’ve been playing around with some ideas for some simple and not so simple cards using the IDC Doodle Tree stamp set. I’ve used the Distress Oxide in Peacock Feathers for this card as a bit of an alternative (plus I’m addicted to it!) but I’ve also made it in Candied Apple and it works really well.
1. Put some of the distress oxide ink onto the craft mat (I use a glass one) and spritz with water. Then take the small piece of card and press it into the wet ink until it’s covered. Then set aside to dry.
2. Take the largest mat and stamp the doodle tree in the distress iced ink all over it. I tend to do rows and alternate the trees right way up and upside down. Use the foam applicator to carefully run along the edge of the card. Set aside to dry.
3. Take the next mat and place the star stencils on (I use a bit of removable tape to hold it in place). Using a foam applicator blend the distress oxide ink over the mat. Remove the stencils and then use one of the star mix stamps to stamp randomly across the image in the same distress oxide ink. Use the foam applicator to careful run along the edge of the card. Set aside to dry.
4. Once dry stamp the doodle tree and the Merry Christmas sentiment in Versafine Onyx Black onto the card which has been covered in the ink earlier. Cut around the tree leaving an edge
and cut the sentiment out into a flag shape. Use the distress tool it rough up the edges a bit and then edge with the ink with the foam applicator again.
5. Now it’s time to put it all together! Glue the large mat stamped with the tress onto the card blank. Use 3D foam tape to attach the smaller stencilled mat on top.
6. Place 2 layers of 3D foam tape on the cut out tree and place onto the top mat.