Hello everyone, its Eli here again and this week I would like to share a couple of cards I’ve made this week. So, I was feeling a little blue with the cold weather and bare trees and decided to cheer myself up with a warm, colourful, tree themed card. This is what I have come up with and might just be my new favourite Distress ink colour combination.
You Will Need
- Imagine Design Create Inspirational Quotes stamp set
- Imagine Design Create Nesting Circles and Rectangles stamp set
- Imagine Design Create Mini Grasses stamp set
- Imagine Design Create ATC Info 4 stamp set
- Distress Ink- Picked Raspberry, Mermaid Lagoon, Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn, Dusty Concord & Black soot.
- Versafine Ink- Onyx Black and Imperial Purple
- Gelatos- Green and yellow
- Zig Clean Colour brush pen Brown
- Matte Medium
- White Gesso
- Gold Acrylic paint
- Versamark ink
- Gold Embossing Powder
How to Make
- I started off by taking a few of the sentiments from the Inspirational Quotes stamp set and my onyx black ink and stamping them all over a piece of white paper then once this dried I applied a thin coat of white gesso to send the stamping into the background and prime my paper ready for the next step. Set this aside to dry while carrying on with step two.
- On a pre cut 5’’x7’’ white card I blended the Twisted Citron, Mermaid Lagoon and Picked Raspberry. I then made mountains and hill templates by tearing a piece of scrap paper and blended Dusty Concord over the edge to create the background to my trees. I flicked a little water and a little gesso onto my ‘sky’ to create stars.
- My next step was to go back to my pre gesso Inspirational Quotes page, taking the nesting circles from the Nesting circle and Rectangle stamp set and my onyx black Versafine ink pad and stamped and cut out two of each circle. I then arranged these on my cards till I was happy with the lay out then glued these down with matte medium. I coloured my trees with my Gelatos and created the trunk and branches with my Zig Clean Colour Pen in Brown. I then shaded around my trees with black soot Distress ink.
- I next stamped the grasses from the Mini Grasses stamp set in Mowed Lawn Distress ink and stamped a few flowers in Imperial Purple Versafine ink. The small butterflies I heat embossed in gold are from the ATC Info 4 stamp set.
- I chose two sentiments from the Inspirational Quotes stamp set and stamped these in Onyx Black Versafine ink, I cut the sentiments apart and glued these down with Matte Medium and finished them off by edging them with gold acrylic paint.
I have really enjoyed making these two cards, I hope I’ve inspired you today, looking forward to sharing again next week. Eli xx